[DFW] Best Soups?!
Oddly enough given the weather, I have been on a severe soup kick for around two months now. I order at least a cup of soup almost every time I go out to eat.
I have to give these soups a nod:
Lentil soup at Stoneleigh P
Tortilla soup at Cuba Libre
Chicken & veggie soup at Angry Dog (I almost feel bad ordering soup here considering the menu, but it's just so damn good)
Clam chowder at Louie's
Seafood gumbo at Jason's Deli (I know, I know...it's GOOD though!)
Jalapeno soup at The Meridian Room/Libertine Bar (though I went to Meridian last week and it looked and tasted like pickling juice...hope new owners didn't ruin it for good)
Corn & poblano chowder at Jasper's
Cream of poblano at Truluck's
Arroz a la tumbada at La Palapa Veracruzana
Tom Yahm Goong at Royal Thai
Any soup suggestions? What are your favorite soups in the area?
The Green Chili Chicken soup at Market Street is exceptional in taste and value (3 sizes). It's got enough of a heat kick to get your attention and is loaded with large shards of their rotisserie chicken (I speak of the Colleyville location). Only other ingredient is small chunks of potato. OK - It's made from a packaged base - but, still.....
Mushroom soup at The Grape.
Anybody know what to expect from the soon to open "Split Peas Soup Cafe" on Mckinney and Routh?
Shrimp won-ton soup with BBQ roast duck and Chinese broccoli at First Chinese BBQ in Richardson.
- French onion soup at Rise No 1. They also have an excellent gazpacho that is a frequent special.
- Tortilla soup at Cafe Brazil, Deep Ellum location. Can't vouch four the soup at other locations, except it's not very good at Addison location.
- Shrimp won ton soup at First Chinese BBQ
- New England Clam Chowder at Sea Breeze, Plano (get a lobster roll while you're there!)
- Sopa de Gallina at Gloria's (Lemmon location - don't know about the others)