quick, i have the following ingredients... ideas for dinners?
Boneless center cut loin pork chops
Split chicken breast
new red potatoes
I have a decently stocked pantry with extras and am willing to buy a few ingredients. I want to do something with the pork and new potatoes - simple is fine... ideas?
Fetuccine with shrimp, asparagus and feta.
Marinated grilled pork chops with smashed new potatoes- I have seen recs for these.
and roasted aspargus tossed with parmesan cheese.
I have been putting fresh basil leaves in my salads lately and have been amazed with how tasty it is.
Chicken souvlaki with feta mashed potatoes and garlic broccoli.
A mixed grill of the proteins served with a side salad made with the potatoes, asparagus, and some greens.
1. Scrub new potatoes and place them in a microwave safe covered dish, with scant water. If potatoes are large, halve or quarter them. 'Wave for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes, and cut into smaller bite size pieces (but not too small). Mix potatoes with with olive oil, herbs, salt & pepper -- include some of the basil -- until coated. String potatoes onto metal skewers, and set aside.
2. In the meantime, debone the chicken breasts, and then slice it horizontally so that they are thin. Marinade the boneless chicken breasts and shrimp in a vinaigrette -- include some of the basil -- for at least 20 minutes. Use any combination of lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, etc. that you have handy. Place shrimp on skewers. Depending upon the quantiy of chicken breasts and shrimp that you have, you might want to save the pork chops for some other time. If not, you will want to marinade them too. (I'd definitely just set aside the chicken leg -- may be just use it along with the bones from the breasts to make a stock.)
3. Bring grill up to medium high heat. Grill the potatoes and pork chops for about 10 minutes, chicken breasts for about 8, and shrimp for 3-5, turning each once.
4. As to the asparagus, it too can be grilled, after coating in olive oil, and then cut into bite size pieces afterwards. Or, I just slice it into bite size pieces and blanche it for about 3 minutes on the stove as it's less messy to handle for slicing that way.
5. Meanwhile, wash some greens -- spinach, spring mix, whatever -- and toss along with the cooked asparagus in vinaigrette. When potatoes are ready, remove them from skewers, toss them in vinaigrette, and add them on top of salad. Scatter feta.
6. The shrimp can be included as part of the salad, or you can give diners along with chicken & pork, giving them a choice of which proteins to take.