help me use these ingredients in 2 dinners
I need to clear the following out of the fridge and come up with 2 dinners in the process:
white beans (homemade, not canned)
stale artisan bread
I have a well-stocked pantry and plenty of herbs (extra points if you can use a lot of sage!). Also, we have frozen shrimp and frozen cheese ravioli.
Meals will need to feed 2 non-picky adults and one mostly non-picky 4 year-old.
Thanks in advance! You're limited only by your imagination!
Bacon, eggs and mozz........a frittata or pasta carbonara of sorts (with herbs)
White beans, arugula and stale bread......Panzanella Salad with added shrimp
1) Cube the bacon into small pieces and cook in a pan. At the end, drain off some of the fat, but not all of it. Cook the sage for a couple of minutes and drain on a paper towel.
Meanwhile, cook the beans like you normally would in salted water. When they are cooked, mash them and mix it with the bacon and sage.
Toast the bread. Place the bacon-bean mixture on top with a slice of mozzarella on top.
Broil in the oven until cheese is golden brown.
Make a simple salad with arugula and tomatoes. Make a simple dressing with red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Vinegar will cut the saltiness of the bacon-beans gratine on toast.
2) Make a very thin omelet and place some mozzarella and arugula in the middle. Fold and give to your 4 year old. Nice and mild.
we're all somewhat on the same page here.
- white bean crostini with bacon & sage
- omelet or frittata with tomatoes, arugula & mozzarella
- strata with bacon & mozzarella
- arugula salad with white beans & balsamic vinaigrette
- arugula salad with homemade croutons (cube & toast the bread), bacons, white beans & balsamic vinaigrette
- egg salad with bacon
1. A baked strata with the eggs, herbs, bread, crisped bacon, and cheese. Serve with a light salad.
2. An arugula salad topped with white beans, tomatoes, roasted lemons, and maybe some shrimp. Serve with croutons or a crostini with herb butter.