Cookbook shops in Bangkok
I am living in Bangkok and was wondering if anyone knew of any book stores that have a good selection of cookbooks in English. Any stores devoted entirely to cookbooks would be amazing. I am working on recipes and I am looking for some inspiration and technique tips. Thanks
I collect cookbooks & food-related literature when I travel, but don't think I've come across any bookshops devoted entirely to cookbooks in Bangkok in my frequent visits there.
My favorite book stores - with good selection of cookbooks in English (in order of selection/range) are:
1) Kinokuniya (6th Floor, Isetan Department Store, Central World 4/1-4/2, Rajdamri Road, Pathumwan)
2) Kinokuniya (Siam Paragon Shopping Center Unit 309-314 No.991 Rama 1 Road, Khwaeng Pathumwan, Khet Pathumwan)
3) Kinokuniya (3rd Floor, Room 301-3 Emporium Shopping Complex, 622 Sukhumvit 24 Road, Klongton, Klongtoey)
4) Asia Books (Siam Paragon)
5) Asia Books (Central World)
6) B2S (Central Chidlom) - limited selection
7) Bookazine (Gaysorn) - limited selection
MOst of the books shops in Bangkok just have a cookery section... nothing special, though I would say Kinokuniya has a better selection. Singapore has one bookshop dedicated to cookbooks only. It also has a little cafe and a test kitchen. Its called 25 degrees Celsius (www.25degreesc.com). Singapore also has a better selection of food-related books in any of the shops. I have bought some amazing ones that you couldn't possibly find in Bangkok.
re: Global Mouthful
Thanks global mouthful,
it's funny, i just heard about this place from a friend who recently went to singapore. He picked up a bunch of brand new releases that you cant get here yet and also had good things to say about it. I'll have to check it out when I make a trip to Singapore.