What is your Top 5 restaurants in Philly
I am looking for the top five restaurants on your list to eat in Philly. I will be there this week and would love to hear everyones opinion. I am planning on Amada and Le Bec Fin.... any where else I should go?
My cousin graduated from the Culinary Institute of America, and works as a chef in Philly. We recently went there on a weekend eating trip, and this is where he took us.
1) Osteria. http://www.osteriaphilly.com/ Delicious. Admittedly, he's a bit biased, it is the place where he works. Still, it's a Marc Vetri restaurant, and is divine! Loved everything we ate there!
2) Distrito http://www.distritorestaurant.com/ (associated with Amanda I believe). Absolutely superb. I recommend the bone marrow, and the pork belly.
3) Pho 75 for...what else, amazing Pho.
4) Ansill's was also quite delicious. The crispy lamb's tongue was my favorite http://www.ansillfoodandwine.com/
5) And of course, the trip would not be complete without visiting the Famous 4th Street Deli for some corn beef! (avoid the matza ball soup-kind of a let down).
Hope that helps! And if you end up at Osteria-hope my cousin makes you something good! :)
Are you looking to actually go out to five dinners? Are you dining alone?
Ansill, Zahav, and Kanella are my top three right now, after that there are several places that could be 4 and 5: Osteria, Distrito, Tinto, Vetri, probably a couple others I'm forgetting..
Here are my top six in alphabetical order! Ansill, Bibou (BYO), Fork, Melograno (BYO), Southwark, Zahav....
It really depends what you're looking for -- high end, ethnic, BYO, etc. Make sure to hit the Reading Terminal Market and Capogiro!
1 - Tinto (Jose Garces, my personal fav though also love Amada and Distrito)
2 - Osteria
3 - Las Taquitos De Pueba (for tacos al pastor)
4 - Southwark (great food and amazing classic cocktails, esp. manhattans)
5 - tough choice between Modo Mio and Matyson
Also love for dinner, Audrey Claire, Lolita
Brunch - Honey's
I've always had great experiences at Valanni every time I've gone. I've taken friends from out of town there and everyone always seems to like it. The menu has a great price range and something to please everyone.
Went to Zahav the night before last and was pleasantly surprised. I also love Amada but hate the price tag so I can't go often. For gastropub fare, check out Nodding Head.