The Munchmobile Cupcake Tour!
- dani0622 May 19, 2009 05:36 AM
Ok folks I had the honor of being on The Star-Ledger's Munchmobile this past Saturday for the cupcake tour!! It was so awesome driving around in that big van with a hot dog on top! Most of the "munchers" made it to four stops before cutting our day short. Here's the lowdown:
1) C'mere Cupcake - Hackettstown - cute place, decent cupcakes, fav among the crowd the mint cupcake
2) River's Edge Bakery - Clinton - another cute place, again decent cupcakes, standout here was the chocolate ganache cupcake
3) Sugar & Sunshine - Plainsboro - ding! ding! ding! I'm pretty sure the general consensus was this the best place of the day. I've raved about it on here before so I was thrilled to head back here. Awesome cupcakes, my fav was the strawberry with strawberry buttercream. heavenly
3) Brownie Points - Summit - They had a hard act to follow. Nice place, no seating like the other places. Caramel Banana the best cupcake here, overall decent cupcakes.
Full story in the Star Ledger in two weeks!
**I wrote up a full story with pics on my blog, which you can get to in my profile. I know the posting rules don't allow links to blogs so I won't link and they prefer I cut and paste, but the blog article is very long to post.
I can't wait to try these places out (and read the story). Coincidentally, my friends and I were also on a cupcake tour this past Saturday, although we were in NY and it wasn't for an official purpose, just some girls getting together to gorge on fabulous mini-cakes. =)
We went to Crumbs (which I love), Magnolia's (okay, but I think they are over-hyped), Sugar Sweet Sunshine (I loved them 2nd best), and Butter Lane (good frosting, bad cake). I guess 'tis the season for cupcake tours! haha!
Dani0622 Sounds like you are having lots of fun!
Thanks for all the details, now have some new food destinations to try!
Even though I am a renegade, the thought of driving in a van with a giant hot dog on top does sound like fun! Do you get to take turns driving it? - just kidding
Congratulations on being picked to go on the Munchmobile. I was lucky enough to be picked in 2001 for their hot dog (what else?) trip. And again in 2006, but this time it was for the entire summer. We went to 87 hot dog joints! I'll be back again this year when they do hot dogs in June.
Can't get to your blog via your profile.