The Williamsburg Burger Rankings
I went on a lunchtime workbreak crusade over the course of a few weeks and had a burger every day. Here are the correct rankings of the burgers in Williamsburg:
1. Peter Lugers - check this place out, total secret hidden gem
2. Egg - a damn fine burger just bring back the Brunswick Stew please
3. Ella - small but cooked well
4. Diner - yep.
5. Spike Hill - punching way above its weight class
6. Surf Bar or Carmaya whatever they are calling it these days
7. Jimmys - solid but tht door slamming is annoying, please fix, thanks.
8. Sweetwater - the standard bistro burger. Can't wait til World Cup viewings there in '10
9. Dumont - Don't get all Dumont fanboy on me, it's just not that good, comparatively.
10. Five Leaves - okay maybe not in Williamsburg proper but I went anyway
11. Relish - but what about how all the servers are on quaaludes?
12. Leons Burger Hut - #1 for atmosphere though and best signage
13. Kasias - service without a smile. Love my ladies there.
14. Eden - turd on bun
Yes I have left out Williamsburger. Who cares.
Let's open it up for discussion about how this is the correct ranking.
does captainspacefood mean that PL is not known for their burgers (as opposed to their steaks, with which i think we're all familiar)? how much does a burger there even cost?! i vote for prices to be included in the list, so that we can identify where best to spend our hard-earned dollars...
I haven't been to Jimmy's recently, but the first burger I tried with them was pretty small and not very exciting - maybe I should give it another chance. I like Dumont a lot better than Jimmy's.
It's funny - I'm always trying to think of a place to get a burger in Williamsburg - and don't think I've tried more than 2 on that list. I'm more of an eat out burger person and those aren't really delivery places are they?
What's the name of the place across from Lokai that sells $14 Australian style burgers? That was okay.
And you should go to South Africa instead.