Table 21 at Volt
Two weeks ago we ate at Volt in Fredrick. We sat at "Table 21," which is their kitchen table, where they serve a 21 course meal. You can think of this as like Minibar, only better (in my opinion).
1. Margarita (with lime, vanilla, and CO2)
2. Proscuitto chips with a potato puree and chive dip
3. Shitake mushrooms in chili oil with pine nuts
4. Raw tuna rolled in avocado
5. Beet macaroon filled with foie grad
6. Date filled with curry yogurt
7. Deconstructed wedge salad with blue cheese
8. Chicken liver mouse on a stick with spun sugar
9. Soft shell crab with green apple, fennel, ramps, and garlic
10. Butter-poached lobster with bok choy
11. Frozen foie gras with carmelized onion, parsley, and spring onion
12. Morel mushroom stuffed with braised goat and fava beans
13. Pork belly
14. Sweetbreads picata
15. Buttermilk fried quail with yellow corn grits
16. Wagyu beef with potatos, chives, roasted peppers, and sundried grapes
18. Dehydrated caramel with green apple sorbet
19. Coconut, vanilla lavender (involving liquid nitrogren)
20. Chocolate with mint ice cream
21. Petit fours
The menu descriptions does not do this justice. It was *spectacular*. Everyone here should try it.
The drive to the restaurant from Arlington was less than an hour. The cost: $121 per person -- plus wine.