Cava - Great Experience
I had a great experience at Cava - the food and the service were wonderful, and the venue is great for medium to large sized parties. I gave them notice ahead of time, and they worked with me to develop a menu! It was definitely great to just sit down and know that you'll have a hassle-free, delicious dinner =)
- Papas Fritas
- Pinchos of foie gras: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/ekim01/Cava/?action=view¤t=DSC08592.jpg
- watercress and roasted beet salad /w valdeon and marcona almonds: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/ekim01/Cava/?action=view¤t=DSC08595.jpg
- Broiled, cider glased sablefish with black rice and escarole (LOVED!): http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/ekim01/Cava/?action=view¤t=DSC08599.jpg
- Venison anticuchos /w warm red cabbage salad
- 3 minute skirt steak /w white puree and chimcurri: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/ekim01/Cava/?action=view¤t=DSC08608.jpg
- warm Ybarra chocolate cake
Eggplant with Queso Fresco, honey and tomatillo sauce: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/ekim01/Cava/?action=edit¤t=DSC08600.jpg
Clams with chorizo and fresh bay leaves: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f10...
The sablefish, foie gras and the venison were my favourite...I really liked the roasted beet salad! Every dish was really interesting and yummy :) I'm definitely going back!
Cava is one of my favourite restaurants. It's always different, tasty, and I am addicted to their churros. The service is always professional and friendly and the size of the restaurant is ideal.
My other favourites are the lime soup, octopus salad with hazelnuts and fingerling potatoes, the leeky-/onion-y things with romesco sauce. All so tasty!!!
But you really must have the churros!!
I had about 18 people, and it ended up being $70 per person for:
GRILLED FLATBREAD WITH GOAT CHEESE & PIPIAN
BRUSCHETTA OF EDAMAME, GRILEED GREEN ONIONS,
MORROCAAN OLIVES & SICILIAN TOMATOES
PINCHOS OF AVOCADO & SOCKEYE SALMON MACHACA
PINCHOS OF FOIE GRAS
WATERCRESS AND ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH VALDEON & MARCONA ALMONDS
PICHOLINE OLIVE, GREEN APPLE, FENNEL,& RED ONION SALAD WITH APPLE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
CLAMS WITH CHORIZO AND FRESH BAY LEAVES
BROILED, CIDER-GLAZED SABLEFISH WITH BLACK RICE & ESCAROLE
VENISON ANTICUCHOS WITH A WARM RED CABBAGE SALAD
THREE MINUTE SKIRT STEAK WITH WHITE PURÉE AND CHIMCHURRI
EGGPLANT WITH QUESO FRESCO, HONEY AND TOMATILLO SAUCE
FORTY-EIGHT HOUR BEEF CHEEK
CREMA CATALANA FOAM WITH LECHE FRITA
WARM YBARRA CHOCOLATE CAKE
My friends and I aren't wine drinkers, so I'm useless on that front :) We did order some girly drinks though, which were yummy!
Thanks - the wine issue is 'huge' at Cava - their markups are (or used to be) among the highest in Toronto. I've enjoyed the food - but NEVER got out of there for under $200 per couple - often significantly more. So it's slipped way down on my list (meaning I haven't recently noted their markups).