Gluten-free restaurants in Lower Westchester?
My cousin is coming tomorrow and she has something similar to Celiac disease and requires some gluten free options when she goes out. I was wondering if anyone knows of any restaurants that offer a gluten free menu or at least some options. I know Outback and PF Changs are two places that offer that, but i was wondering if anyone knew of any "non-chainy" places? Any help would be great...thanks!
I know this thread is dated but if anyone is interested, I know of a couple of places that are gluten free friendly (SIL needs to eat gluten free). These places either have gluten free items on their menu or they have individual gf menus. The places I know of are
1. Umami Cafe in Croton - http://www.umamicafe.com/
2. Sam's of Gedney Way in White Plains - http://www.samsofgedneyway.com/
3. Cafe Piazzazz in Mohegan Lake - http://www.cafepizzapizzazz.com/
4. Pizza Pizzazz in Shrub Oak - http://www.cafepizzapizzazz.com/
5. Enzo's in Armonk - http://www.enzosofarmonk.com/
6. Mr. Nick's Pizzeria in Tarrytown - http://www.mrnicksbrickovenpizza.com/menu.html
7. By the Way Bakery in Hastings - http://btwbakery.com/
8. Season's in Somers- http://www.seasonsatsomers.com/homepa...
These are in addition to the ones listed in the lohud article. I'm sure there are lots more, if I think of any I will list them.
My husband and I just tried the new restaurant Truck in Bedford, NY. I am gluten free, my hubby isn't. They have a great selection for both of us and their food is really fresh and tasty. It's Mexican(ish) and corn tortillas are the base of a lot of their menu, oh and they have strong margartias!!
Buffalo Wild Wings in Port Chester offers not only a great gluten free food menu, they also have Redbridge, a gluten free beer made by anheuser busch. It is so great to be able to sit down and eat a meal and have a nice beer go with it while you watch sports on the various TV's. The manager is very Gluten free friendly as well and ordered the beer for me when I realized I could no longer have Gluten. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this restaurant if you or anyone you know has celiac's or a gluten intolerance