Best Poached Egg Dish in SF or Surrounding?
On my past trip to San Francisco/Los Angeles/San Diego I fell back in love with poached eggs and had some wonderful presentations -
1) Boulevard's Slow Cooked Organic Farm Egg with Soft Polenta and Roasted Garlic, Quercia Acorn Prosciutto and Shaved Himalayan Truffles
2) The French Laundry's WHITE TRUFFLE CUSTARD - with a Ragoût of Périgord Truffles
3) The Bazaar de Jose Andres - Tortilla de patatas ‘new way’- Warm potato foam with a slow cooked egg 63 and caramelized onions
4) Osteria Mozza - Fresh Ricotta & Egg Raviolo with browned butter
5) The Croque Madame at Butler and Chef and Bouchon
6) Chez Panisse Cafe's Bob's Cardoons and Potatoes with Black Truffles and Egg (ok, not so wonderful)
So, who is doing the best thing with Eggs in San Francisco right now, Duck Eggs would be even more appreciated!
At the high end since your list is high end, Coi serves a giant egg with farro that was marvelous. We liked it best of the various things we tried there. It's on the dining room menu, but you can order in the bar.
I still miss the egg salad at Desiree. I keep buying fancy eggs ($5.50 a dozen from Mariquita, including a gorgeous green egg, a terrifying $9 for Soul Food Farms?!) but so far my best results have been from the fresh, inexpensive, not organic eggs from Haney Farms sold Saturdays at Alemany Market.
You might look into Boulette's Larder in the Ferry Building. Great egg dishes for weekday breakfasts and Sunday brunch. One of my favorite breakfasts in the city...