Verizon Center area
tons of choices besides what already has been listed
1. Chinatown Express or Eat First for authentic cantonese cuisine (Tsing Tsao beer)
2. DC Chophouse and Brewery: if you stick to appetizers, burgers, salads etc the price is good and they obviously have beer
3. Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant:
4. Jaleo: Tapas
5. Rosa Mexicano
7 Kanalaya: Thai
8 Rock and Roll: Sushi and chinese
9. Zlatinyia: middle eastern small plates
11. Green Turtle (actually right next to the Verizon Center) Beer and pretty good bar food
Does Nando's Peri Peri have beer? I think they might. If so some beer and their chicken wings or their chicken would be good.
If you are there at lunch time, Potato Valley has great stuffed baked potatoes with really interesting ingredients, it is like salad and stuffed baked potato together in a good way. I love the blue cheese and broccoli and the Cuban.