Vegas private dining for 40th birthday
I'm searching for a restaurant to host a private party for my husband's 40th birthday. It will be a surprise, so I'm looking for something really special. Here's some criteria:
- Excellent food. My husband is pretty picky in terms of quality. French, Italian or Steakhouse would work. No Asian. I'm envisioning a 3 course menu.
- Upscale and lively atmosphere. We want to dress up for the event, but nothing too stuffy.
- Space - preferably a private room for 20-30 people
- Location - I'd like to keep it on the strip, though I would consider off strip for something extraordinary
- Budget is flexible. I'm willing to spend more if it will make the occasion really memorable, so let's not rule anything out for the sake of cost.
- Kids - There will be children in the group as well as 2 babies, so we need somewhere that isn't going to turn up their nose at younger guests. Big points if they are willing to make some kid-friendly dishes for us.
We go to Vegas fairly often, but I'm still kind of overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choices. I don't even know where to begin, so I thought a Chowhound jumping off point might help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Daniel Boulud's brassiere at the Wynn is nice and moderately priced and with things pretty slow in Vegas would be, not a private room (partition with some panels) and get the far end of the restaurant.. with a waiter and busser at 20% gratuity.. lots of floor to ceiling windows to catch the wild light show out on the lagoon.
They have a prix fixe menu for around $50 for 3 courses..
maybe you can change it up a bit to your liking.. order off the wine list and have cocktail service..
Rooms are lovely and right now around $100..sign up for the e-mails..great deals..
Alex is beyond wonderful..rock star quality on food, service and decor.
Country Club and Okada for sushi are very good.
Can't wait to try Switch and Sinatra at Encore..hear nothing but great reviews.
Keep us posted..
I'll add my 2 cents in spite of the fact my event hasn't actually occurred yet. Highly recommend the events coordinators at the Wynn Las Vegas, extremely professional, prompt and easy to work with. I've reserved the private room at Daniel Boulud for our wedding reception/dinner and the experience so far has been wonderful. The room itself seats 40-50 I believe and the food and drink min. is $8,000 (before tax and gratuity), so it may be a tad large for your event, but maybe not. All I can say is that I found a ton of spaces at the Wynn that would work and the coordinators really helped me select the right one and continue to assist with shaping the menu.
I know it's a little early for the complete review as I haven't tasted the food yet, but I have to say it might be a good place for you to start looking/considering.
Hi ~ unfortunately I don't have answers for you but your post is just about exactly what I logged onto post about this afternoon. We are trying to organize a 40th birthday dinner/party as well. Since we will be there in a couple of weeks we just assumed we would be dining as a group at a restaurant but the idea of private dining sounds intriguing. Hopefully it isn't to late to organize something like that for our friend. Have you ever used a private dining room in Vegas before?