Present Banquet 2
- Joe H Apr 17, 2009 11:37 AM
5. Treasure from the Sea-Seafood salad with shrimp, calamari and scallops on a bed of pineapple.
6. Smokey Petal-Baby clams sauteed with special speices and herbs, served with sesame rice crackers.
7. Medallions of the Seven Seas-this may have been one of the two best dishes of the night for me: diver scallops flash fried with chopped peanuts and scallions.
8. Shrimp in the Fresh Ocean-Jumbo salted prawns sauteed with salt and black pepper on a pineapple bed.
CoconutMilk, much of what Present offers is available to a single diner or a couple; several of the courses, however, will require you to give them a bit of notice so they can source the ingredients or, in the case of the duck, so literally it can cook!! Please, do not hesitate to call them (or Gene, the owner) direct and ask for any of what is listed in these posts. He is clearly proud of what his chef and his restaurant have introduced to the D. C. area. I just felt, based on an earlier lunch, that they were capable of this-and they were!!! Now, I want everyone reading this to share the same excellence!
As for the dinners that I have arranged, in years past there have been several that I fully intend to repeat. One of these is when Roberto reopens the Lab in the old Garfinckel's building in June. I am certain that shortly after this I will post on here, with a link, for 25 or so of us to once again share what I believe to be the best Italian dining experience available in the United States.
This is the link to one of the earlier dinners: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/1722...