Help me put together a Chow-worthy Easter Basket!
- smilyfoodcritic Mar 17, 2009 05:53 PM
Hubby loves surprises - unfortunately, it is never one of my strengths to surprise people...especially a smarty-pants like DH. We were chatting about Easter last night, which gave me an idea to put together an "adult-version" Easter Basket consisting of nothing but chow-worthy sweet and savory treats for surprising my foodie DH!
Ideas I've come up with so far:
- fleur de sel caramels from Recchiuti
- hot honey peanuts from the peanut roaster
any other suggestions???
(btw, is there such thing as "gourmet" or "artisan" peep? just checking... :)
Doesn't Recchiuti make their own marshmallows? I recommended it to a poster recently and he said something about marshmallows. AHA! Here you go:
Maybe they'll make them in shapes for Easter?!
Ethel M in LV has another Chow-worthy treat: lemon satin creams. Very special!
P.S. What a fun idea! :)
Just thought of a few more with a flavor theme (unintentional--just noticed once I started to type):
- flavored honey straws/sticks--I can find these locally, bet you can, too:
- flavored sugar for your margarita glass rims
(I asked for it at Chili's once, it was a great deal!
)- flavored balsamic vinegar--we just got a lovely pomegranate one
- Maple Chipotle Grill Sauce from Stonewall Kitchens--love it