late night dessert or coffee in brea?
A group of my friends and I plan to hang out after our dinner at Taps Fish House in Brea. Does anyone know a good place which is:
1. open late (up to 12 or 1 a.m.)
2. decent desserts or coffee selection
2. can seat 10 people comfortably
3. not in Rowland Heights
4. preferrably in the Brea or adjacent areas
I have Boston cafe in Hacienda Heights in mind since we did go there for one outting and I thought it was fine. One of the people in my group said we should consider people who are coming from the OC will be backtracking from home. (I think otherwise since I had to backtrack from Boston cafe the last time!)
Hmmm, that would limit the location to places that serve alcohol (as they're usually open later than places that don't) and would likely be chains.
Let me ask though, why not stay @ Taps for coffee & dessert? Theirs is probably good as any other.
Otherwise, in the Downtown Brea/Birch Street Promenade area, you have
- the YARDHOUSE, but it's so loud that it wouldn't be conducive to post-dinner coffee & dessert.
- MARKET CITY CAFFE has good coffee and decent desserts, but not sure if they're open until midnight.
- The creperie (not sure what it's called exactly) has ok desserts, but again, not sure if they're open until midnight and would be tough to seat 10 there.
- MELTING POT would be good for dessert, but again, not sure if they're open late.
In the Brea Mall vicinity, your choices are all chains: BJs Pizzeria, Cheesecake Factory, Red Robin, CPK, Olive Garden.
In the area just beyond the Brea Mall that have both coffee and dessert Claim Jumper, TGIF, Islands, Buca di Beppo, Lucille's.
Unfortunately, other than chains, your options are really limited. There's a couple places in downtown Fullerton, but at that time, you run into the college crowd: THE OLDE SHIP has good desserts & beer (meh coffee), but would require moving tables to fit 10; FLORENTINE's might work, but they're only open until 23:00.
EDIT: Oh, BTW, there's MCCLAIN'S COFFEE HOUSE north of downtown Fullerton on Harbor (down Brea Blvd from Taps) that might work. They have good coffee and flexible seating. It's actually an old converted house w/indoor & outdoor seating. Good coffee. Haven't had their desserts. Parking in the back. http://www.myspace.com/mcclain