Top 10 Chain/Fast Food Items
I try to eat food at fast food places as little as possible, but I must admit, some are just better than you'd expect.
Here's my favorite chain/Fast Food restaurant items )I put a comment and the number of times I've had this item in the last year in parenthesis)
10. Crispy Chicken Salad - IHOP (had this once recently and it was very tasty - 1)
9. Green Bean Fries - TGIF (Only had these once, but they were delicious - 1).
8. White Castle Hamburgers (although my stomach can't handle them anymore - 1)
7. P.F. Chang's Lettuce wraps - nothing special, but they are delicious - 1)
6. Coffee Fribble - Friendly's (and I don't even like ice cream that much - 1)
5. Chicken McNuggets - McDonald's (and it doesn't taste just like chicken -2).
4. Iced Coffee - Dunkin Donuts (I hate their coffee normally, but it's great cold - 25-30)
3.Whopper - Burger King (Sadly I like this more than 90& of real restaurant burgers - 7-10)
2. Extra Crispy Chicken - KFC (truly my favorite fried chicken - 5)
1. Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad - Outback (I could eat this every day - 2)
I know some of these things may not even be considered food to some (ie McNuggets). Just wondering what others thought.
Weinerschnitzle chili cheese dogs (with onions)
KFC's fried apple pies, and their coleslaw
Costco's dogs/polish and their berry sundae
Dairy Queen's Dilly Bars
Lemon Eggees (small chain in AZ, kind of shaved ice slushie thing)
The old Bell Burgers from Taco Bell (they haven't made them in years, God knows why?)
I remember them more-or-less like that, with tomato as an option. No mustard though -- that would be disgusting. There are a few places in CA that still serve them -- a couple somewhere in L.A., and one in Bishop (which is pretty far from anywhere else in CA!). I had one last summer in Bishop, and the memory was definitely better than the actual Bellbeefer.
McD's Fries, straight out of the fryer, with just a little salt
DQ Buster Bars
White Castle burgers (although I can't eat them very often
Popeye's chicken, spicy. And a side of dirty rice.
Starbucks Iced Caramel Machioto (or however you spell it)
Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito or chilito or whatever they are calling it this year.
Culver's Cheese Curds.
That's about it for national chains. There are some local fast food places (in Chicago) where I could joyfully eat every day!
1. Carls Jr. burgers, any of them
2. Taco Time mexi-fries (tater tots with awesome good seasonings)
3. Jack in the Box curly fries with ranch
4. McD's Quarter Pounder with fries and a coke...every once in a while, that is the ONLY thing that hits the spot!
5. Taco Bell crunchy tacos
6. DQ's Banana Cream Pie Blizzard (those graham cracker crust chunks are SO good)
7. Costco's hotdogs or Polish dogs, with the works.
8. Forza (local coffeeshop chain, similar but MUCH better than Starbuck's) 1/2 caff Americano with full flavor shots of white chocolate and coconut, topped off with half and half. Dessert in a cup!!!!
I could keep going - although I LOVE really good food, sometimes the fast food stuff just does the trick.
They do something called a DaVinci Code mocha (they use DaVinci syrups, not a reference to the movie really, just a play on the name), it is a white and dark chocolate mocha with coconut and almond syrups....Good stuff!!
If you are ever in Puyallup, WA, Go to the Top Foods Forza - they are the best!
Ohhh I also love the DQ banana cream pie blizzard! I've tried other blizzards since discovering it, and they don't compare.
We don't have all the same chains here in Canada, and my list is short...
1) Popeye's chicken and biscuits
2) Tim Hortons' ice cap, and I am otherwise a Timmy's hater, but I love the ice cap more than much pricier, independent, etc, iced coffees
3) Starbucks pumpkin scone once in a while
4) and the DQ banana cream pie blizzard, when it's available.
5) oh and one more, recently tried our first Chipotle's outlet and I would certainly choose them over any other fast food chain
I never liked the fries or burgers at McD's. I was a BK kid - I'm still trying to change that dietary habit but sometimes the comfort foods die hard. I don't eat these much anymore, but here they are.
1. Chick Fil A - Chicken Mini's
2. Taco Bell Pizza
3. BK Hamburger and Fries Kid's Meal
4. Checker's Banana Shake, Fries and Chicken Sandwich
5. Steak and Shake Parfait
6. Panchero's - Burrito Bowl
7. Wendy's Baked Potato
8. Olive Garden Minestrone and Breadsticks
I'm more of eat local/independent person, but