Lunch at Boucherie
We had an excellent lunch today at Boucherie. We ordered a bunch of small plates, and they were all very good: (1-5 were cut and pasted from the website) The sparse descriptions belie the complexity of each dish.
1. Crispy Duck Confit With Truffled Baby Root Vegetable Salad $11
2. Blackened Shrimp and Grit Cake with Warm House Made Fudge Farms Bacon Vinaigrette $8
3. Boudin Balls with a Garlic Aioli $5
4. Steamed Mussels with Collard Greens & Crispy Grit Crackers $8
5. Fresh Cut French Fries with Garlic Butter & Parmesan Reggiano $4
6. (special) pork belly with some sort of wilted greens ?
7. (special) duck liver tureen with typical tureen fixings ?
All of the dishes were very good. I think my favorite was the special tureen though. Service was nice and attentive - very professional, and we never wanted for anything. Cost came to 72 bucks including tip. No drinks but tea. Nice weather so we sat outside on the porch. All in all a great lunch, and I will definitely be returning. This is a great new dining option in town. Very nicely executed dishes with interesting flavor combinations. A nice twist on Louisiana/Southern food, if you ask me. Comparable to Cochon but much better in my opinion. Writing this makes me want to go back for dinner tonight!