Hi everyone - was wondering if any of you could provide some recommendations for some cool places to grab some drinks.
I seem to remember the Metropolitan Hotel for some reason.
I remember going to Chicago Blues Diner in my Uni days, finagling two covers for the price of 1 at the door, then spending the rest upstairs listening to some pretty good blues and loving that it felt that I was in my bedroom with my favourite gang of friends...windows opening onto Queen.
Love the Rex (and go there often), but be warned that it's a bit dive-y (in the best possible way) and the food is very middle-of-the-road roadhouse (wings, nachos, etc.). Also, there is live music so it's apt not to be quiet.
- The Paddock has good mixology, dark and cozy vibe, not too much of a scene (warning: sometimes that means a little dead-ish depending on what time you hit it)
- Sopra is a jazz bar at Avenue and Davenport... great food from the people who bring you Mistura
- Reposado is a fun tequila bar on Ossington... but I'm not sure if they have snacks
- I like the bar space at Crush (on your dreaded King West) - excellent wine list and nice food
- Nyood would be good for drinks and snacks... fun neighbourhood, small plate menu, nicely executed cocktails
Second the Rex, although I've never eaten there. It is a very cool place for great jazz.
There's also Victory Cafe for good jazz (depending on who's playing) but it tends to a younger-ish crowd of twenty to early thirty somes for the most part.
The Roof Top Bar at the Hyatt is definately romantic and cool but if you're looking for live music, you won't find it there and it caters to the more "established" crowd in TO.