Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Feb 24, 2009 03:36 PM

please help identify this kitchen tool !!

I recently inherited a large quantity of my late great Aunt's kitchen tools. I have been trying to figure out what this one is and how it is used. the only writing on it says "made in italy" as well as ACEA on the handle which I know is an Italian cookware company. I can not admit with out embarrassment how many hours I have spent on the internet trying to find a picture or something that would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. It looks like a small handheld ricer.

    1 Reply
    1. re: anndillman

      Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking something like that but I can't seem to find any pictures online to confirm. I guess I just need to sacrifice a potato and find out.

    2. It might be easier to identify with a few other photos.

      1. Nut grinder / chopper.

        Toss some pecans or walnuts in there to make a nice ice-cream topping.

          1. re: DeppityDawg

            I second herb chopper.

            I have a similar one from my Grandmother's kitchen goodies, circa about 1920

            1. re: purple goddess

              I gotta go with nut chopper my mom has one that looks just like it

              1. re: Mother of four

                I think you're right this looks exactly like it! thanks for the link