its the end of the world! yum...
ok so i'll paint a littl epicture the end of the world is tommorow, so calories forget it, celiac disease who cares (yay) what are the first five snacky horrible junk food things you reach for?
1.tim tams and mint slices (aussie brand cookies)
2. soft serve vanilla ice cream dipped in rainbow sprinkles.
3. sara lee chocolate or banna cake (i know hangs head in shame)
4. salt and vinegar or barbeque poatao chips.
5.variety pack mini chocolates including bountys. mars bar, maltesers, flake, toblerone, snickers,australian freddo frogs (they rule strawberry peppermint plain etc) karemello koalas (again an aussie favourite) cherry ripes (aussie!) lindt truffles, ferrero rocher, baci little chocolates and a couple of twirls. (i think i went a little over-board but hey the world is ending!)
i must add i would indulge in much sophisticated fare also this is jsut the junk food pile!
so the list of shame for you is....?
1. A combo enchilada platter w/ rice, refritos, guac, sour cream and pico de gallo.
2. A whole coconut cake topped with vanilla ice cream and balsamic strawberries.
3.A plate of barbcued beef ribs w/ potato salad, beans, and french fires.
4. A platter of grilled artichokes and dill mayo.
5. A 2liter bottle of grape soda mixed with vodka.
Not much junk food I know.
I'm going to assume we don't need to include the beverage on the list, since it's likely we'll have a full stash of good beer and wine in the bomb shelter, right? Cause otherwise, why would you want to survive?
Some of mine are local to my part of St. Louis, so I'll need to make a quick run. Hope the zombies aren't to close...
1) Fortell's pizza - pepperoni and pepper cheese, well done
2) giant order of sesame chicken from the place down the street (really sweet and sticky, just enough heat)
3 Perfectly ripe Honeycrisp apples to dip into the tub of Peter Pan PB mixed with honey
4) chicken nachos
5) probably should have something sweet for dessert...I'll go with Belgian Truffles. A bushel or so should do. Might dip them in that PB too.
Rib eye seared pink inside with whipped butter / chives melted into it
1# baked potato with the works...
Crispy baguette to wipe up the juices from that steak and then more butter and strawberry jam for the rest
Creamed spinach with just a hint of nutmeg
Keep the champagne coming
The highest fat content vanilla bean icecream I can find with Mrs. Richardson's caramel topping warmed and poured all over the top
Godiva dark chocolate covered pretzels....the entire can.
So, like planning a last meal?
Baker's Square French silk pie
Brie cheese with smoked oysters and Triscuits
Lobster and crab--can't decide so I want both
Gallons of champagne, tons of champagne and chambord because you could rack up a credit card bill to hell and it wouldn't matter.
I think I'd also need a last cup of coffee and a last Mexican Pepsi.
hmm. I hope I can play, I'm not being much of a prepared snack person, but I'll give it a go.
Those really huge REAL shrimp(nothing farmed) from the Gulf, split or butterflied then coated with a supper crunchy -panko crumb. Lots of coctail and hot mustard sauce.
Shrimp egg rolls - with sweet and sour sauce and soy sauce
Kimchee - must be hotter than hot and with a bit of crunch
French fries with lots of ketchup. salt too.
Thai lettuce wraps with a bottle of siriacha and soy sauce
Can I have dessert?
French Vanilla ice cream with lots of Hersheys syrup( just leave the can)
I think I could die happy now.
KFC Extra Crispy
Tiny asparagus; huge portobellos; smoked salmon; real crab; precut very fresh, sweet cantaloupe (won't need cash after the world ends!)
A nice bottle of Carmenere or Syrah
That garlic butter escargots dish I had in Quebec many years ago and never since
A good Prosecco
Dill Havarti, double Gloucester w/Stilton, Fontina, smoked Gouda w/Bremner wafers
Sweet potato fries with ale mustard
A case of Alka-Seltzer (in case the predictions are wrong and I have to get up for work the next day after all!)
1. That disgustingly wonderful spinach dip in a bread bowl, made with dry soup mix, water chestnuts, sour cream and mayo. maybe some horseradish. And an entire bag of those flat pretzel chips. or bagel chips.
2. Mexican food. with a wheelbarrow full of fresh guacamole. chilaquiles.
3. fried eggplant parm, side of gnocci in garlic butter.
4. fried onion rings, a bloomin onion and fried calamari (are you sensing a trend?)
5. a gigunda Chinese food mix-and-match, including H&S soup, egg foo young, moo-shoo pork, and every schezuan dish on the menu. Oh, and egg rolls.
6. swedish fish. lots of them.
7. creme brulee.
My assumption is that I can drink bottles of Chianti Classico (in the bottle with the little rooster on the neck label) and never feel the effects.
edtit: and an entire bag of White Castle double cheese boogers.
I'm still laughing--thanks for sharing. We apparently have our own unofficial club, we Muncho-lovers. I live in CT and can find them easily--they're right in Stop & Shop. And often in gas stations that have attached convenience stores in the "BIG GRAB" bag. Mmmmmm! I've been saved from starvation on many a hungry day on the run with a BIG GRAB of these little goodies!
I first had them when on a snowy night when I was working at a bookstore some years back. The adjunct university English instructor with whom I was working was taking turns with me running next door to the drug store/convenience store to get snacks, since there were few customers.
In a four hour shift, we ate four bags.
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine 'cause I'm with my friends snackin' on:
- biscuits and gravy for breakfast with cheesy eggs
- chili dip with full-fat cream cheese on the bottom and a can of Hormel on top with good cheddar cheese and plenty of Tostitos scoops (the snack that eats like a meal!)
- a Dairy Queen sundae with hot fudge, caramel and whipped cream
- Munchos potato crisps (I have never outgrown these from childhood)
And we're listening to 70s and 80s music, singing along loudly with our favorites 'cause we just don't care anymore (actually, we sometimes do this regardless of it being the end of the world--sometimes alcohol is involved). ;)
Sirloin Burger topped with seared Foie Gras w/ a truffle red wine dipping sauce
The Bacon Explosion (5000 calories and over 500 grams of fat, oh yes it does that is the reason I have not tired it …YET)
Big Plate of Crispy French Fries with GRAVY
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and Spicy Bloody Mary from Tree House Restaurant in GA
Truffle Cheese and Aged Gouda (ok any cheese for that matter!)
Okay, I'll bite!
Reese's peanut Butter cups
Velveeta Cheese dip with rotel tomatoes and maybe sausage
Ruffles potato chips with kraft french onion dip or lipton soup french onion dip
Blue Bell Pistachio Almond ice Cream
chicken liver pate
A dish from DaMarco's in Houston named Ravioli w/ricotta, egg & truffle
From the most junkiest to the most upscale!