Weekends can get EXTEMELY crowded as there are only a few tables and people liek to linger with their tapas and drinks. I was told for a party of 4 it would be a half hour but wound up being 2 hours. Anyways, with that said, this is my favorite tapas place in the city. I highly recommend the following:
- shrimp in garlic, white wine, & lemon
- sautéed wild mushrooms w/almonds& sherry wine
- roasted meatballs w/garlic, manchego cheese, & oregano dressing
- chorizo w/ cannellini beans
- garlicky potatoes w/ allioli
Also, you must try their red pear and white peach sangrias.
Went on a weekday after work, at around 6-ish so I don't think that would help you. The food was just okay. We had the meatballs which were very dry, the duck sausage with quail eggs which were also very dry. The mushrooms were delicious though, they came to the table still sizzling and had lots of garlic.
It is a tiny spot so it might get crowded on a weekend.