I know epi's doing it, but what are your 5 favorite kitchen things?
- bayoucook Feb 4, 2009 06:09 AM
This is to hard, but mine are:
1. Well-seasoned cast iron skillet (s)
2. Huge cast-iron Dutch oven
3. KitchenAid food processor
4. Electric griddle.
5. Microplane and other graters.
Epicurious has very few posts on this - figure Chowhounds will do better!
My favorite kitchen things are: a good sharp chef's knife, my big Cuisinart food processor, a coffee grinder, another one for spices, kitchen shears. In fact, I love everything in my kitchen!
1. KitchenAid stand mixer (cobalt blue!)
2. Oxo Good Grips peeler (I used to hate to peel vegetables before I had this!)
3. salad mister (for olive oil)
4. Wusthof knife block
5. Gaggia espresso machine
I love everything in my kitchen, too...and what "lives" in the sunroom right off of the kitchen since not everything fits. ;)
My chefs knives( I have 3 chefs knives with a equally outrageous number of secondary and paring knives)
My MC2 12" fry pan
My bench knife
My coffee pot( I pray to Juan Valdez)
My Kitchen-aid mixer
PS, This thread might be better suited for cookware forum.
Not including a good chef's knife and a good paring knife, which I assume are essential in any kitchen, here are mine, not necessarily in this order:
1. Heatproof rubber scraper/spatula with a slightly concave surface
2. Microplane graters
3. Immersion blender-don't use it often, but am sure glad I have it when I need it
4. A wooden spatula I use for practically any sauteing, frying
5. Tie between my big Le Creuset dutch oven and my large AllClad skillet--use both all the time
Honorable mention: Silpat or other stickproof baking sheets, blender, Cuisinart food processor, a gigantic stainless steel mixing bowl, a small cast iron fry pan for toasting nuts, garlic, chiles, spices, etc.