Philadelphia - Best Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak
- bigfella Jan 29, 2009 09:38 AM
I'm a fan of most things "steaked". Cheesesteak, Chicken Cheesesteak, etc.
I think my favorite is the Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak.
So where's the best one in Philly? My vote thus far has to be for Real Pizza in Narberth.
- The original comment has been removed
There's a dive-ish diner at the corner of 47th and Baltimore that claims to have the best buffalo chicken cheesesteak. (I don't know; the guy was showing me a newspaper article ... and there were people ordering it for breakfast ...)
They do serve a mean breakfast, so maybe the chicken cheesesteak claims has merits?
THE WORKS! Their buffalo chicken cheesesteaks are so good. They have a few locations, including the Northeast and Springfiled, Delco.
Hmmm, so what are the qualities of 'the best' buffalo chicken cheesesteak?
- Using a high quality blue-cheese dressing instead of "Sysco-in-a-drum"?
- Quality of the chicken? Is it the pre-formed loaf or real chicken?
- The wing sauce is key, I guess that could vary widely from place to place.
I'm curious since I love very spicy wing sauce and some places might just use a splash of tabasco.