Philadelphia - Best Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak
- bigfella Jan 29, 2009 09:38 AM
I'm a fan of most things "steaked". Cheesesteak, Chicken Cheesesteak, etc.
I think my favorite is the Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak.
So where's the best one in Philly? My vote thus far has to be for Real Pizza in Narberth.
There's a dive-ish diner at the corner of 47th and Baltimore that claims to have the best buffalo chicken cheesesteak. (I don't know; the guy was showing me a newspaper article ... and there were people ordering it for breakfast ...)
They do serve a mean breakfast, so maybe the chicken cheesesteak claims has merits?
THE WORKS! Their buffalo chicken cheesesteaks are so good. They have a few locations, including the Northeast and Springfiled, Delco.
Hmmm, so what are the qualities of 'the best' buffalo chicken cheesesteak?
- Using a high quality blue-cheese dressing instead of "Sysco-in-a-drum"?
- Quality of the chicken? Is it the pre-formed loaf or real chicken?
- The wing sauce is key, I guess that could vary widely from place to place.
I'm curious since I love very spicy wing sauce and some places might just use a splash of tabasco.
The thing that I love about Real Pizza:
1. They use Frank's Red Hot Sauce
2. They use a better blue cheese than Sysco
3. They chop the chicken, pour the sauce, then mix again
4. They spread out the chicken, pour the blue cheese in the middle and fold the chicken back over the top. That way you get chicken, hot sauce and blue cheese in every bite.
Try it out!