HOME > Chowhound > Cheese >
What are you cooking today? Share your food adventure
TELL US

Epoisses question - white mold?

q
qucioi Jan 25, 2009 10:34 AM

I bought some Epoisses two weeks ago and left it in the refrigerator. Looking at it today, it developed small patches of wild mold on the top of the rind that I saw through the plastic. As this is a soft cheese, is it no longer edible? I've had Epoisses before and it smells as it should, but I've always previously eaten it immediately.

Did I buy a mature cut that went bad, or could this possibly be a harmless mold?

  1. c
    cheesymama Jan 25, 2009 03:11 PM

    Just scrape that mold off and enjoy your cheese. The only colour mold you need to worry about when it comes to cheese is pinkish/reddish.

    Show Hidden Posts