HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Are you making a specialty food? Tell us about it

Le Creuset Knobs

BelleJo Jan 17, 2009 01:23 PM

I've noticed on this board that some people replace the plastic knobs on the lids of Le Creuset pans with stainless steel knobs so they can put the pans and lids in the oven at high temperatures. Where do you purchase the knobs? I looked on Le Creuset's home site and did not see any information there.

  1. c
    citizenconn Jan 23, 2009 09:00 AM

    A note about the LC metal knobs, you can also get then at Chef's Resource. But don't toss your old black one. The metal lid is good for the oven, but it gets pretty hot for stovetop use. So for LC items I'm using strictly on the stovetop I'm keeping the black knobs.

    And yes they do fit the Lodge enameled ovens. So do the Staub metal knobs, which I think look a little better on my Lodge ovens (plus they aren't stamped with a name.)

    1. yayadave Jan 19, 2009 05:36 PM

      You ought to be able to find a porcelain knob at Lowes or Home Depot. Just take your lid in with you and stand around looking helpless. Works for me in the ladies department.

      2 Replies
      1. re: yayadave
        pothead Jan 19, 2009 06:08 PM

        It'll be easier to just take the knob and screw.

        1. re: pothead
          yayadave Jan 19, 2009 06:17 PM

          Not if it takes two trips.

      2. t
        taos Jan 17, 2009 05:02 PM

        I googled and found this:


        7 Replies
        1. re: taos
          BelleJo Jan 18, 2009 04:18 AM

          Thank you, Taos. I'm going to order them now. I've been making the no knead bread in a glazed clay pot that's a little too large for the recipe. I want to make the no knead bread in my 2.75 quart Le Creuset and the oven temperature is much higher than recommended for the original knobs.

          1. re: BelleJo
            mdfifi Jan 18, 2009 04:24 AM


            It looks like you already found a place from which to order, but they are also available at amazon as well.

          2. re: taos
            Dana1949 Jan 18, 2009 04:47 AM

            Thanks. This saves me time running it through Google. Much appreciated.

            1. re: Dana1949
              BelleJo Jan 18, 2009 05:13 AM

              Amazon hasn't released them yet. I ordered them from Cutlery and More. Their shipping was a few dollars less than other sites.

              1. re: BelleJo
                pothead Jan 19, 2009 07:40 AM

                I had the same problem, so I went down to the hardware store on the corner and picked up a metal cabinet knob for $1. The screw was too long, so I went back and bought a package of screws for $2.16. Total cost: $3.16 and no waiting for shipping. Looks pretty good, too.

                1. re: pothead
                  RShea78 Jan 20, 2009 02:21 AM

                  Some electrical tools (strippers/crimpers) have a built in screw cutter that comes in quite handy to trim down knob screws. Unfortunately people get them for some electrical project but do not have a clue why there is those little holes on those tools. (See my photo of a typical tool)

            2. re: taos
              Clarkafella Jan 19, 2009 07:52 AM

              I wonder if they will fit my Lodge DO...

            Show Hidden Posts