cocktail party ideas
Perhaps it's a bit repetitive this time of year, but I'm having a cocktail party to celebrate my birthday. Right now I'm thinking of serving the following:
- foie gras & sauternes gelee on toasts
- caviar and creme fraiche on slices of steamed fingerlings
- aioli with steamed vegetables (and maybe shrimp)
- crab salad on endive leaves
- board of assorted cheeses and breads
Anything I'm missing or should do differently? The only thing I'm really wedded to is the foie gras/sauternes gelee. There will be vegetarians present, also.
And finally, any suggestions for cocktails? I'm thinking something like champagne with fresh pomegranate, and then just setting out a full bar. Thanks!
Sophia, we have been on a Cosmopolitan kick lately. For Thanksgiving, I made a large pitcher of them using pomegranate juice instead of cranberry and they were a big hit. For 8 people, 2 cups vokda, 2 cups juice, 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, 1/2 cup triple sec or Grand Marnier.