Help me build a "best XXXX on the vegas strip" scavenger hunt!
I've been doing some research online (including this board...) in preparation for an upcoming return trip back to the strip.
Given that my gambling budget is a bit smaller than usual this time :-(, I was thinking it might be fun to go on a scavenger hunt of sorts, traipsing around to various places for "the most amazing _____ on the strip."
So I'm looking for people's very specific recommendations of their favorite "must have" individual food items they seek out when they're in vegas. (particularly on the strip, but who knows we might find ourselves downtown at some point)
To start the discussion, here are items I've come to love from my own past experiences:
* Yogurt Parfait at Bouchon (Venetian)
* Pizza at Pizzeria de Enzo (Venetian, food court)
* A fresh donut from Krispy Kreme at Excalibur (no KK's left here in MN)
* Double-double at In-and-Out (Technically off-strip, but this is also unattainable in MN)
* Stacked Quesadilla at Grand Lux Cafe (Venetian/Palazzo)
Here are other popular suggestions I've come across in my research:
* BBQ at Ellis Island (along with a good microbrew...)
* Biscuits & Gravy at Careful Kitty's (El Cortez, downtown)
* Cuban Sandwich at the Florida Cafe (between strip and downtown)
* Tapas at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba (Fashion Show Mall)
* Burger at Mesa Grill (Caesar's Palace)
* Veggie Burger at The Burger Bar (Mandalay Bay) - good peoplewatching
* Calamari at Cannaletto (Venetian)
* Calamari at The Triple George Grill (downtown)
* Death by Chocolate torte at Chocolate Swan (Mandalay Bay)
* Breakfast Potatoes at Planet Dailies (Planet Hollywood)
* Asian Nachos at Grand Lux Cafe
* Steak Special at Ellis Island
* Spiked Milkshake at BLT Burger (Mirage)
* Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville (Flamingo)
Please share your personal favorites. No complaints about others' suggestions unless you're also suggesting a superior alternative!
Pinot by the glass (specifically Ken Wright) at Double Helix
Kobe short ribs and eggs at Tableau
Turkey panini poolside at Four Seasons. May be a bit cold now, but you can order it at Verrandah.
Veal Ricotta meatballs at Enoteca
Light lunch at Canyon Ranch Cafe (Venetian)
Braised pork shoulder at Bouchon
Tasting menu at Alex
Colors of caviar at Guy Savoy
That's enough for now
Crispy Rice/sour sausage appetizer, Thai beef salad, sticky rice & mango dessert and Thai iced tea at Lotus of Siam.
The best Stroganoff I've ever had is the Strozapretti Stroganoff at Red Square (Mandalay Bay). I'm not a martini snob, but somehow their martinis are perfect