Trio at Four Seasons?
- girlgourmet Dec 4, 2008 03:37 PM
Does anyone have any comments about Trio at the Four Seasons?
Planning a New Year's Eve Dinner (must have lobster on the menu). Open to other suggestions, too. We're a group of four, from both East Coast and West Coast.
If there is a thread you can point me to, that would work... I searched before posting but I have A.D.D. and didn't see anything on my cursory scan....
I am not sure what you are asking: Is it a good place for new Years? or Is Trio a good place?
I have been there a few times, it may not be my favorite place but it is solid:
- Service is almost always good, maybe not great but solid (for service in Austin, which is weak on that, I would prefer Eddie V's)
- It is a high quality steakhouse, meat is done to perfection
- The sides are very nice (especially the corn)
- The bread (buffover) are great
- It is nothing more than a high quality steakhouse (that does not age its own meat) with high quality service.
I personally think New Years is not about the greatest food, but a great experience, and for a steakhouse it is a great experience.
Girlgourmet-moosy's description did not give Trio nearly the credit it deserves. IMO it is the one of the best in town for dining and as far as a scene for New Eve's it doesn't get better than their lobby lounge, the place is jammin' nightly. The menu changes often according to what's in season giving it a fresh innovative feel but the staples stay, such as steaks and chops making it good for a group with different tastes. Have fun where ever you choose to go!