Recs for Providence near Westin
Well, you're hardly "stuck," even (or especially) without a car, as the Westin puts you dead center downtown and within easy walking distance of almost everything Providence's "Downcity" has to offer. All of what is below is about a five minute walk or so, give or take a few minutes, all less than 10... The ones with the "*" are closest to you...
* Flemmings: Is in the Westin Complex. Good, pricey...
- Shula's: In the Hilton, cheaper, but still not bad...
- Ruth's Chris: Pricey as well, quite decent...
- Capital Grille: Not my favorite, overpriced...
* McCormick and Schmick's: In the nearby Biltmore hotel
- New Rivers
- 3 Steeple Street
- Cafe Nuovo
* Napa Valley Grille
* Local 121
- Waterplace Restaurant
- Mill's Tavern
- Chinese Laundry: Expensive...
- Trinity Brewhouse
* Local 121
* Melting Pot: Fondue, in the Providence Place Mall
- Cuban Revolution
* Haven Brother's truck-based diner, preferably after midnight...
If you're willing to walk a bit further (15 minutes), there is everything on Atwell's Ave Federal Hill (tons of Italian, some Indian, Asian, Lebanese, etc).
Also, FYI, all within a 5-10 minute walk of the Westin:
Shopping: Providence Place Mall, Westminster Street
Galleries: Atwell's Ave
Major Art Museum: RISD, about a 10 minute walk from the Westin
Theater: Providence Performing Arts Center, Trinity Rep, Black Rep
Sports: Providence Bruins at the Dunkin Donuts Center
The Melting Pot is a lot of fun but best with friends because it can get expensive and is best shared. I might however consider having the chocolate fondue with chunky peanut butter all by myself.
There's a deli, Murphy's, about 2 blocks away. You can see it from the second floor of the convention center. Good sandwiches, great pickles.
In the Providence Place Mall, Dave and Busters is a chain but pretty decent for a chain if you feel like steak and potatoes mashed with cheese, etc.