Jane Brody's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe?
We'd like to make this, but my SO left his copy of the recipe back in Maine. Does anyone have her recipe and would be willing to share it with me?
Thanks in advance!
Do you know if it's from a book of hers? I have a number of them (in my pile of books to get rid of) and would be happy to look for you.
Yes, there is just a Pumpkin Pie one - I'll do the ingredients for now and come back in a little bit to add the directions.
1 1/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt, if desired
1/4 cup veg. shortening
1 T butter or margerine
4 T (approximately) ice water
1.5 cups pumpkin puree
2 T butter or margerine, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mace
1/4 tsp ground dloves
3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
2 egg yolks
4 egg whites.
1. Combine flour, salt & sugar in bowl, cut in the shortening butter until mixture is crumbly.
2. Add 1 T of water at a time, mix with a fork, and add only the amount of water needed so that you can form the dough into a ball. Flatten it a bit, wrap, and chill for at least 15 minutes.
3. Combine all the filling ingredients OTHER THAN the egg whites - beat them to blend well.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degress.
5. Roll dough out to an 11 or 12 inch circle, put into 10 inch pie plate or 9 inch deep pie dish.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff, fold gently but well into the pumpkin mixture.
7. Pour filling into shell, bake 50 - 60 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.