HOME > Chowhound > Cheese >
What are you cooking today? Get great advice

I need Goat Cheese advise...

Fog City Kid Nov 6, 2008 04:32 PM

I have a reciepe that calls for a "creamy goat cheese". What do I have to buy???

  1. a
    alitria Nov 6, 2008 05:02 PM

    I would just look for a package that says Chevre, and has a nice creamy texture that will look somewhat like cream cheese. It often comes in packages shaped like a log. If you're near a Trader Joe's they usually have good deals.

    2 Replies
    1. re: alitria
      Gio Nov 6, 2008 05:15 PM

      Trader Joe's carries Vermont Butter and Cheese goat cheese at less than half the price of a lesser weight package at regular markets. It's creamy and delicious.

      1. re: Gio
        Morganna Nov 7, 2008 03:42 AM

        Mmm love Vermont Butter and Cheese products!

    2. j
      jpc8015 Nov 7, 2008 03:27 AM

      Goat cheese is gross, it tastes like goats smell.

      Show Hidden Posts