HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
What's your latest food quest?

What brand of pan is this?

SpicySpice Nov 2, 2008 08:38 PM

Can anyone recognize the brand of this pan that the shrimp is being cooked in, I would love to get this pan. Thanks!


  1. RShea78 Nov 3, 2008 04:50 PM

    It looks rather like an odd-missfit "Winsor style" spun aluminum fry pan, with some inverted (trough) style riveted handle. It doesn't look professional IMHO. (A poor attempt to look professional IOW)

    1. s
      sigari Nov 3, 2008 11:45 AM

      Could also be this:

      (Although I don't know why Kmart calls the piece an omelet pan, when it is clearly not.


      As someone previously mentioned, contact Pastor Ryan--he seems like a good fellow who would be happy to help you.

      1. c
        CrazyOne Nov 3, 2008 10:40 AM

        Yep, I have one similar at home from Tramontina, though I don't know if that is the brand in the pic. His pan may actually be a bit smaller than my 5qt, but it's still just a straight-sided saute pan in stainless steel. Mine has a heavy aluminum disc in the bottom and no such cladding in the sides, which, for almost all uses of such a pan, is probably fine. (Cladding in the sides would cost more.) Hard to see a particular appealing look in those pics, but maybe that's just me. :-) I don't see how there would be much functional difference between similar pans of this type, so brand wouldn't be too important apart from handle design or something.

        1. legourmettv Nov 3, 2008 08:27 AM

          Why don't you email Ryan (who posted the story) and ask him?

          Just what I would do, mind you....


          1 Reply
          1. re: legourmettv
            yayadave Nov 3, 2008 03:42 PM

            Yeah, he clearly needs to hear about Chowhound.

          2. k
            kayakado Nov 3, 2008 08:24 AM

            it looks much like a calphalon or all-clad stainless steel saute pan, it is definitely is a saute pan

            1. yayadave Nov 3, 2008 05:06 AM

              Looks a lot like this saute pan. Deeper than a fry pan and straighter sides.


              1. t
                ThreeGigs Nov 2, 2008 11:05 PM

                Looks like it's just a generic saute pan from a restaurant supply store.

                What exactly has you so excited about that pan?

                Show Hidden Posts