287 s to bedminster
for the next 6 weeks I'll be driving 87 to 287S to bedminster, nj. I've already stopped a couple of times for newark style dogs at jimmy buffs in east hanover. great dogs http://www.jimmybuff.com/images/thedo... , close your eyes while you eat
Anything else worth trying? Not looking for haute cuisine, looking for dog and burger shacks, good ethnic food, etc. bedminster seems kinda light in this respect....
Some places to consider around Bedminster.
- Willie's Tavern has a decent hamburger. Only that.
- Mike's cafe' makes decent sandwiches and paninis. Nothing to drive there for, but if you are around and need something quick...I seem to remember that the ice cream too is not bad, but it's been a while since I had it.
- There is a hot dog van on 206 South, just North of Bedminster, IIRC approx near the intersection with Old Dutch Rd. I have been meaning to try it but haven't so far. I usually pass in front of it when I am on the bike.
- The Japanese on Burnt Mills Rd at the intersection with 206 South. The name escapes me now. Good sushi.
- Tuscany Bistro on the AP shopping center at the intersection of 206 and Washington Valley rd. A decent Italian.
- Dominick's pizza. A little shack near the train station. Pizza is good, thin crust. I didn't try anything else.
You're right, there's not much ethnic food around there. For that you'd have to drive to Bridgewater/ Raritan/ Somerville.