Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Ontario (inc. Toronto) >
Oct 4, 2008 11:32 AM

Where can I buy "Peking Duck Pancakes"?

In England these are sold fresh in a packet, similar to off the shelf soft tortillas. I just went to a local asian supermarket and they had never heard of such a thing being sold fresh and suggested I make these myself. I could, but I'd prefer not to! Any idea where I could find them (or even what they are called so I can better ask)?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I believe they are called ":ping."

    1. I buy frozen ones at T&T although admittedly, they are not as good as the fresh ones. They used to sell fresh ones in the T&T bakery department but I haven't seen them for months. I would also like to find fresh ones if anyone knows where. I think they are called "bok beng" in Cantonese.

      3 Replies
      1. re: Chocolatemama

        Well "bok beng" means "thin cake"; there is a type of salty cookie that goes by this name, so you need to specify "for peking duck".

        1. re: Chocolatemama

          What are the frozen ones called at T&T?

          1. re: KitchenVoodoo

            I can't remember exactly what they are called, but I know that the word duck is on the package...something luck duck pastry perhaps. It is in a clear package with red and black writing/graphics on it.

        2. C'est Bon makes a very decent version for their mushu pork that could easily be used for duck. I'm sure they would sell them to you just on their own, as I always order extra with my mushu pork.