Favorite dumplings (by type)?
Lots of discussion of dumplings of late, with lots of banter about which places serve the "best dumplings" etc.
But lets focus a bit and instead of making a blanket recommendation for "dumplings" how about we break it dow based on the type of filling?
PORK. Luscious Dumplings
FISH. Dumpling House (and Kingburg Kitchen based on Chandavkl's recommendation)
SEAFOOD (non-fish). Dumpling 10053 (the squid and scallops dumplings)
VEGETABLE. Earthen and Dumpling House
PAN-FRIED (pork). Luscious Dumplings
MISC. 101 Noodle Express (pumpkin and shrimp dumpling)
Pork: Dumpling House (steamed)
Fish: Dumpling House
Pan Fried (pork): Luscious Dumplings
Misc: 101 Noodle Express (pumpkin and shrimp). I think this tastes great, and I generally hate eating shrimp.
PORK. Luscious Dumplings steamed pork (with juice inside, kind of close cousin to xlb) or Earthen's steam pork
FISH. Earthen or Din Tai Fung's steamed fish (I guess I'll get shot for this)
SEAFOOD (non-fish). Doesn't the shrimp & pumpkin at 101 count? If not, none.
BEEF. None. Yuck.
VEGETABLE. No thanks.
PAN-FRIED (pork). Earthen's potstickers or Luscious (pork & sole)
MISC. 101 Noodle Express (pumpkin and shrimp dumpling) - only dumplings I'll order there
Nice topic. :) Here are my votes for favorite Dumplings:
* PORK (including variations, e.g., Pork w/ Leeks, Pork w/ Celery, etc.): Noodle House (Mian Hsiang Yuan). 2nd: 101 Noodle Express' Hwei Hsiang Miao (Hua Vegetable Pork Dumpling).
* FISH: Noodle House (Mian Hsiang Yuan)
* SEAFOOD: Noodle House (Mian Hsiang Yuan) - Shrimp with Tofu Dumpling (So light and airy! :)
* BEEF: No thanks. :P
* VEGETABLE: Dumpling 10053
* PAN-FRIED: Noodle House (Mian Hsiang Yuan)'s Pork Dumpling w/ String Bean. (Tie) 101 Noodle Express.
10053 Valley Blvd Ste 2, El Monte, CA 91731
Noodle House (Mian Hsiang Yuan)
958 E Garvey Ave, Monterey Park, CA 91755
Damn... reading everyone's posts made me realize I've been to all the right places but ordered all the wrong things.