HOME > Chowhound > San Francisco Bay Area >

What is the "oyster cut" of Top Round for London Broil?

Kenois Aug 26, 2008 12:32 PM

Does anyone know which part of the top round is called the "oyster cut" ?

In New Jersey, where top round is the preferred cut for London Broil, the ultimate cut of the top round used for london broil is called the "oyster cut." I need to know how to describe this cut to a San Francisco butcher. Does anyone know where in the top round this cut originates? Does anyone know a San Francisco butcher that is familiar with it?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. s
    sikakis RE: Kenois Oct 11, 2008 07:30 AM

    This should help:


    Show Hidden Posts