Progressive Dinner in North End
Hi! I am planning a progressive dinner in the North End, and again find myself overwhelmed by all of the choices. I thought I would call on the hounds to help me firm up the plan. :)
There will be 10-15 of us, so the size of the space will be a major consideration. And since there will be multiple stops, I would like to focus on some of the more affordable options.
We are going to do 4 stops:
1. Appetizer / Apéritif (would like a place with a variety of apps and good portions for sharing)
2. Dinner (Looking for character, good variety, reasonable prices)
3. Dessert (I am thinking Modern!)
4. Coffee / After dinner drink (Cafe Vittoria?)
Thanks for the help!
1. Prezza might work here. They have a hopping bar and some of the best food in the North End. They tend to be pricey, so you might consider dinner elsewhere, unless you're OK with an appetizer and maybe a half order of pasta.
2. Pagliuca's is arguably the best inexpensive sit down Italian place in the North End and should be able to manage this many folks. Saraceno's is another possibility, but stick to red sauce basics there.
3. and 4. I'd combine these together at Caffe Vittoria. The cannolis they serve there come from Modern Pastries.