Pre-concert meal at home for 10
I am having about 10 people over to my home in the early afternoon on Saturday for lunch before we head to the SFOutsidelands music festival. I love to cook but am at a loss for what to make. I would greatly appreciate any of your input and ideas for the menu.
Thank you very much!
You could do a make your own taco bar.
Costco has great Pollo Assado, you can grill it or cook it in a pan, and rough chop it and have all of the other stuff on the side. It is possible to get everything prepackaged, salsa, lettuce, cheese, tortillas, you would only have to cook the chix. You could event get shrimp too.
A couple of suggestions:
- Very simple pasta (maybe with pesto or a light puttanesca thing) with a nice tomato salad, good bread and a fresh fruit tart for dessert;
- All salads: green, potato, barley and corn, caprese, pasta, tabouli, whatever, with bread, a hunk of two fo good cheese, and dessert (maybe fruit tart again);
- Seafood chowder with freshly baked biscuits, salad of whatever's nice at the market and I dunno, cupcakes?;
- Baked salmon served with tzatziki sauce, grilled vegetables, green salad and dessert (any of the above);
- Pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw and all the fixings, plus something chocolate for dessert.
That's it. I'm out of ideas for now.