HOME > Chowhound > Ontario (inc. Toronto) >

bbq ribs again i know

howisitgoing Aug 13, 2008 02:42 PM

have a question to ask...as mentioned in this room some people do not like ribs that are fall off the bone, or smoothered in sauce. I like ribs that you have to pull off the bone like steak pitt with a dry rub, here is the question..what do you call this style of ribs..it is not memphis or st. louis me thinks these are the same--fall off the ribs wet and smokey. I do not boil my ribs..just put rub on them place them in bbq on high heat then transfer them to side bbq heat off and let them cook through. Thanks.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Davwud RE: howisitgoing Aug 13, 2008 04:03 PM

    If they're slow cooked/smoked, dry rubbed with no sauce they're Memphis style. At least, as far as I know. Memphis style BBQ does not come sauced.
    No one in BBQ land makes them fall apart tender. They have to maintain their integrity when lifted as at least a half rack.


    Show Hidden Posts