Wow, this was a wonderful dining experience! Came here on the recommendation of Tony from L2O. As a matter of fact, he got me in. Thanks Tony! I had the Chef's Collection with wine pairings.
1. Preserved Baby Artichoke, Blood Orange, White Anchovy, Chervil
Not a Big Anchovy fan, but this was excellent.
2.Strawberry-Tomato Gelee Fava Bean, Parmesan
Sounds weird Tasted Great!
3. Sashimi with Complementary Garnishes Light and Dark Soy Sauces
I love Sashimi and this was one of my favorite ever.
With these three courses I had a 2006 Bruna Pigato Le Russghine Riviera Ligure di Ponente 2006. It was light and refreshing and started the evening off on a great note!
4. Boneless Frog Leg, Spring Garlic, Carrot, Watercress
Really fun...Deep fried, Yum!
2006 Palmina Arneis
5. Artichoke Consomme, Cucumber, Turnip Caramel, Cinnamon Mustard, Grilled Peanut
Lustau Papirusa Manzanilla
This was an inspired dish and wine pairing!
6. Antiqua Tagliatelle, Spinach, Summer Truffle, Pecorino
2007 Bridge Lane White Merlot
Even with the Truffle, this course missed the mark. The wine was outstanding though.
7.Pan seared Foie Gras, Morel, Pecan, Raspberry, Purslane.
2005 Cantine del Notaio L'Autentica Basilicata
Another winner! God I am glad they brought Foie back. Even though this is a dessert wine it worked very well with the richness and sweetness of the dish.
8. Halibut, Leek Emulsion, Reduced Chardonnay, Bacon Vinaigrette. I was catching up on my wines from the other courses;) I usually find Halibut boring, but this was really good, but anything with Bacon usually is!
9. Salt -Crusted Venison, Cocoa, Olive, Blood Orange
2005 Cousino Macul Finis
Interesting...actually had a savory Chocolate "pudding". Wine worked well with the gaminess of the Venison.
10. Cheese Cart.
Eric Bordelet Poire Granit MV
I tried 4 different Cheeses and loved it! Hey I am From Wisconsin After all! The wine was like drinking a fresh pear!
11. Rhubarb Consomme, Lemon Ginger Tapioca
Another fun course served in a shot glass so no wine!
12 Greek Yogurt, Honey, Grape,Frozen Mint Julep.
20006 Banyuls Coume Del Mas
Nice light sweet ending to a wonderful meal!
13. A surprise selection of wonderful chocolates
As you can tell, I loved my food and the service matched it at every turn! At one point my waiter even brought me book on Chicago Architecture so I wouldn't be uncomfortable between courses.(I was dining alone.) They even gave me a muffin for the morning and called a wheelchair accessible cab for me so I would not need to transfer into a regular one. That is definitely going beyond the call of duty! My Dinner at Tru was wonderful from start to finish!