Budget wedding reception
We are looking for a nice restaurant with tasty food where we can have a wedding reception. Here is our criteria:
- no more than $100/person including drinks (not full bar, only wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks), gratuity and taxes
- can accommodate up to 70 people (preferably during winter, but can be flexible with timing)
- in Manhattan, Brooklyn (Carrol Gardens, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights area) or Queens (Astoria, LIC)
- permitted to stay for at least 3 hours
- within walking distance to subway line
- we would like to a sit down dinner, but are also open to an afternoon cocktail reception with appetizers
- fantastic food!
If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!
I have recently gone through a similar ordeal. I searched high and low in NYC and Bklyn for reasonaby priced places to hold my wedding next September. As a result of my exhaustive reserach, I think Tempo in Park Slope offered the best deal, best ambiance, and best food options for around $100 per person, although we ended up going with Bryant Park Grill in Manhattan (and double what we originally planned to spend per person). Another option is Frankie's 457 in Carroll Gardens. Bubby's Pie Co. in Dumbo was also pretty reasonable and is in the most picturesque location of the 3. Good luck and congrats!