Is LeRelais de l'Entrecote the place for steak?
I have read mostly positive reliews for the restaurant. We will be flying in and am looking for an easy steak place for a(my wife andI) first night. Any good or bad reasons not to start here? thanks hounds....ps. we will also try to eat at LeDuc, Josephine Chez Dumonet, Lecume St.Honore, lunch at Guy Savoys and dinner at L'Orangenie. any suggestions are welcomed...thanks again
This is what we did our first night in Paris and I think it was a good choice and exactly what you're looking for - consistently good food, seconds without even asking for them, and the only decision you have to make is how you want your steak done! There was a line (we got there right before 7, like the Americans we are), but it moved quickly. Lecume was good too (love the 3 different sauces) but a different experience - my husband loved their potatoes.
It is good to know the routine with Le Relais - makes it more accessible:
1. There is usually a queue, but it moves quickly so don't be put off.
2. There is no menu, you are simply asked how you would like your steak cooked. You will get a wine list though.
3. You get a small salad as a starter.
4. Half the steak will be served and the rest kept warm on a hot plate, this will be served when you finish.
5. The desert menu is pretty good and you get a choice - the profiteroles are great.