Just moved to West Hollywood.
I just moved to a loft in between Crescent Heights and Fairfax in West Hollywood. I am looking for the best:
1 Sushi that I can walk to.
2 The best Tai Food take out
3 Pizza (Although I just found out that Vito's delivers to me now, so I may be covered!)
4 Breakfast spot (already familiar with Eat Well. I like it, but any other suggestions would be appreciated)
5 Best restaurant in the area to go on a nice date.
1. Horizon (Beverly & Orlando) - probably a 15 min walk
2. None really, but Natalee or Tuk Tuk are okay
4. Hugo's, Irv's (for greasy breakfast buritos)
5. La Boheme
1) It's hard to know where you can walk to since you don't mention where between C.H. and Fairfax you are. But one place to consider even if you can't walk is Hirozen on Beverly. Also there is a place on Yelp getting great reviews called Omi Sushi, haven't been there myself.
3) In addition to Vito's, also check our Rocco's on WIlshire. Fantastic stuff there as well.
4) I've heard horrible things about Eat Well, personally I would avoid. Well an area classic for you is The Griddle Cafe on Sunset, always packed and some consider overhyped, but I'm a huge fan. Swinger's is also a reliable go-to spot.
5) Way too much to mention, search the board for West Hollywood, Beverly Blvd, 3rd Street, Melrose, etc..
8385 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Rocco's Italian Kitchen
6335 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048
8020 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048
7916 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
4. in addition to hugo's, Ed's Coffee Shop on Robertson is no frills, down home or healthy breakfast fare. King's Road Cafe does a pretty good breakfast. I like The Little Next Door for a more expensive/datey breakfast/brunch, more casual urth cafe
5. how much are you wanting to spend? ortolan, jar, pane e vino (i love the patio here), cynthia's if you want cobbler, foxtail was pretty good when i went last week, orso
I would also toss in Joey's Cafe on SM & Sweetzer (great breakfast, ahi tacos, mashed potatoes), Marco's Pizza/Italian and their coffee shop across the street, Jinpachi for Sushi and La Boehme is a "datey" kinda place. Sweet Chili is not bad for basic Thai.
Chao Krung (111N Fairfax) is a good local Thai place (and they deliver!). For sushi, try Ajisai, off of Santa Monica Blvd, opposite the carwash a couple of blocks east of San Vicente, And don't discount Farmers Market for breakfast for doughnuts, crepes, coffee and cheap basic fried eggs from Phil's.
1. I like Yoshi Sushi on Santa Monica. There's also a place further east called Omi that I've heard good things about. On a sidenote, I love this Izakya, Kiichi on Santa Monica next to Marix. It's not sushi, but Japanese small-plates.
2. not sure, there's a great place on Fairfax called Chao Krung that's been there forever, across from CBS. I also like Vegan Glory, for their vegan american fast-food options, but they also do Thai
3. Vito's is the way to go. Hands down. Unless you're in the mood for ghetto pizza from Domino's, which I frequently am.
4. I like Taste on Melrose or King's Road Cafe on Beverly or Hugo's on Santa Monica. Avoid Joey's on Santa Monica and Sweetzer, the food is aight, but it takes forever.
5. Comme Ca or Lucques or Ago, all on Melrose near La Cienega, depending on what you're in the mood for. If you want steak, try Jar on Beverly.
I love walking everywhere, so I'm happy to answer any questions on the area.
I live right around there and these are the places I like:
1. Not a big sushi fan so passing on this one
2. Natalee and Tuk-Tuk are pretty good
3. Vito's is fantastic as you know, but I find it pretty pricey. A good alternative is Damiano's on Fairfax b/t Bev and Melrose. You could also get takeout from Terroni on Bev.
4. Tons of options: on 3rd is Joan's, Quality and Toast (all good for breakfast). Comme Ca....King's Road....Griddle Cafe....Lulu's....Farmer's Market for variety
5. Endless options so depends on what you want in terms of price and atmosphere. I'd personally do AOC, Lucques, Comme Ca, Ortolan, Pane e Vino, Angelini Osteria, the Mozzas, Grace, Hatfield's, Tasca, All Angelo