Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Jul 10, 2008 09:19 PM

220 delima

We are finishing our basement and would like to have a bar area with a stove/oven -- I've been told by the city that I can't put a 200 v in the basement as that would indicate double occupancy -- argh - -So I'm trying to look for alternatives....I've been looking into 110 v cooktops, not terribly ideal as the ones I've found look like they would be used in a cheap hotel (and gas is out) -- The induction cooktop board led me here...I haven't had any luck finding an oven -- someone suggested the conection oven/microwave similar to what you would put on an RV, but I'm running into dead ends...Is there any hope? Any ideas? Thanks to all in advance who may have a solution

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. What sort of gestapo government are you living under?

    1. Tell the city you need to put your dryer down there.

      1. The Cuisinart BRK-200 is a mini oven that goes up to 500F. It's 110V.