Visiting San Diego - Suggestions/Comments please
I'm an SF Hound who has been stalking the CA board for a little bit knowing that I will be in San Diego July 19-24th. I'll be staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt without a car. Pretty open to any cuisine.
I don't have anything set in stone but here are the restaurants I'm definitely considering to visit mainly for expensed dinners (and maybe a few lunches). Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated!
- Oceanaire for a nice $$$ seafood dinner
- Cafe Chloe - sounds right up my alley, plus the afternoon tea sounds nice
- Red Pearl Kitchen (?)
- Cafe 222 (?)
- Extraordinary Desserts - good idea?
- Sally's - seems like a decent enough place and the location is convenient ;D
- The Better Half or Bite or ??? - meeting a friend who lives in Hillcrest
- Sultan's Shawarma or The Kebab Shop - for a quick lunch?
- Other quickie lunches close to the hotel? I have 1-1.5 hours for lunch each day
Ideally, I'd like to visit Mariscos German, Super Cocina, and El Zarape but I'm not sure if I'll have the time.
Any good sushi recs near the hotel or within easy/short public transit? (Is it uni season?)
Thanks in advance!!!
First, yes, you've been paying attention. Not a bad place on your list- others may disagree, but you've hit the high points. It's been a while, but Kiyo's on F Street for sushi is excellent- he's supposed to have great sashimi.
Yes to Red Pearl, Yes, Kebab Shop, Yes Bite. 222 is fine, but I'd never wait in that line for breakfast- or anything else.
El Zarape is ok, but I don't think it's worth going out of your way.
Sallys is great on a beautiful day.. I wouldnt want to go at night or sit inside.. but the food is fine and a lovely place to sit and watch the goings on.They might do breakfast ..not sure..but I think the sun would be in the wrong spot anyway..
Zanibar downtown on 7th is great for breakfast or lunch...secomd Red Pearl..or third?
Havent made it to Cafe Chloe..but its on my list! Hear wonderful things..