Eulogy vs Monks
Took a while, but finally have become a much bigger fan of one over the other. Here are my thoughts and Im curious what others think:
- friendly staff/bartenders
- amazing bottle list (not as strong as Monks)
- outstanding brews on both taps
- above average food, specifically mussel pots
- great atmosphere
- best bottle list seen almost
- outstanding taps that have some rotation, often rarities
- rude/pompous staff (the killer)
- average menu dishes, seafood quite good
- stuffy atmosphere
In all, Eulogy has an amazing set of offerings with a staff that treats you well whereas Monk's acts as if they are doing you a favor in letting you have their business. I am truly convinced that Eulogy is the winner here and dont really have much interest in spending much more time and money at Monks.
I totally agree. Unfortunately, the owners (Tom & Fergie) have had their concentration elsewhere (Belgian Cafe) so the place has slacked off...a lot!
I agree with your assesment, but i feel both beer lists are equally awesome. I think Eulogy's list has more diversity (not as singularly focused on Belgium), and in general, is a little more current. where as monk's definitely gets some very special and rare beers. both places suffer from insufficient space, and lack of comfortable waiting areas.