Dinner for 8 in 2 Weeks!
My friends are getting married on a Thursday so we have a full weekend of dining open. It's only 2 weeks away and we don't have any reservations yet! We're staying around Times Square but we are willing to go to any part of the city. We're looking for:
- Reasonably priced, I'm thinking 25-50/person for food
- No asian, I work at a high end asian restaurant in Dallas so I'd like to skip that
- Solid food, not overly fussy with clean, simple preperations and a good wine selection
- I'd like to avoid chains/cheesy concepts
- Cool design and/or interior are a major plus for my photography inclined friends
Any Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Pizza, and Dinner ideas are appreciated! Thanks CH'ers!
Does the $50pp include tax, tip? Alcohol?
I'm not sure what kinds of Asian are available in Dallas. For example, I'm guessing you don't have anything like Momofuku Ssam Bar or Momofuku Noodle Bar.
Aroma Kitchen and Winebar - located in the E. Village - is a good option. They have a couple of private seating areas in the wine cellar/basement, which has a really nice atmosphere. Food not too expensive. Went there with a group of 8 about 6 months ago and didn't have to pay any sort extra fee for using the private room...
Tony's Di Napoli on the UES. Great family style italian thats reasonably priced. With wine, it could be $50/person. Theres one in times square but the UES location has a better crowd, and also has outdoor seating. Its on 83rd and 2nd.
I would recommend Hundred Acres - new in Greenwich Village. REasonably priced, good food, nice design/interior. (ask for table in back room - pretty!)
You'd probably like Clinton St. Baking Co for lunch.