brioche: Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
I read about this in the Artisan Bread post here and it sounds fantastic.
For those who have made the recipe:
1. Does it require a non-stick pan, or will it work with a well-greased or parchment-lined regular pan?
2. Can it be made free-form, or does it need some kind of pan?
Please share any other brioche tips you have. Thanks!
Here are photos of the brioche I made. A couple of thoughts:
1. I think I used too little dough (though the amount called for) for my brioche pan. The recipe says that the dough should fill up half the pan, and mine was less than that.
2. My 'gluten coat' - in both the before and after photos I think I can tell that I didn't form it enough, as there are 'tears" - not sure how else to describe it.
3. The bottom was a bit browner and thicker than I would have liked, and I'm wondering if it was because I baked it directly in the pan on the baking stone.
4. The little 'head' tilted away from the center, so I must not have pinched it in as tightly as I needed to.
5. It tasted absolutely wonderful - both texture and flavor.
re: david kaplan
I just made my first one using a well buttered (melted butter) brioche pan, though I had a couple of glitches. It did seem a little stuck to the bottom of the pan,but I used a small knife to gently pry it loose, and then I was able to lift it out.
Waiting for it to cool so I can taste it and will then post photos, as well as some queries.