cheap catering - NOT Mexican or BBQ?
Does anyone have any ideas for cheap catering for a wedding?
Has to be yummy and filling, and preferably under 20 a person for everything? (appetizers, meats, veggies, desserts)
I'm thinking probably an Asian restaurant, so any suggestions for one that does catering (or possibly if they have private rooms)?
My friend had multiple restaurants (her favorites) provide catering for her on-the-cheap wedding affair. It was delicious!
She had bahn mi sandwiches (from Tam Deli), enchiladas from somewhere else, spring rolls, and some Chinese appitizers.
Editing to add: She also had a big fruit salad and the chile-lime drizzling sauce (from a place like Mango Katie's).
That was a good wedding...
Call the Freescale Cafeteria...they actually have real chefs and good food. They catered my wedding for about $19 per person. Some of the guest still mention how good the food was. Since their kitchen is subsidized, and they just do it on the side, they have very low overhead:
April 15, 2006 - $18.29 per Person
Evening Buffet Including:
1. Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites with Tomatillo Cilantro Cream Sauce - Appetizer.
2. Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Bites on Homemade Cheddar Crackers – Appetizer.
3. Roasted Tomato & Spanish Olive Tapenade on Homemade Lime & Chile Tortilla Crisps.
4. Argentenian Pork with Chimichurri.
5. Traditional Chicken Mole with Crispy Tortilla Spears.
6. Peruvian Red Potatoes with Paprika and Cilantro Cream.
7. Poblano Spanish Rice with Sweet Corn & Chiles.
8. Roasted Root Vegetable Medley.
9. Roasted Bell Peppers & Squash with Cilantro Lime Salsa.
10. Black Bean, Sweet Corn, & Jicama Salad.
11. Assorted Sodas, Bottled Water, and Iced Tea.
under $20 per person for a catered 3 course wedding? that is disrespectful to ask a caterer for something like that! Plus, if you do actually con someone into doing that, prepare to get what you pay for. Do you really think the food would be good at $20 a head? Just get BBQ instead.
Actually, if you don't ask a typical caterer (or the sense that serve fancyshmancy American foods) and look for more cheaper ethnic food, it'll be a lot cheaper. I think if you cater Indian food, the main meal (rice, meats, veggies) should be ~10 a person and then if you add dessert and app, it shouldn't be more than 25/pp. Only thing is that I'm not sure if everyone will like Indian food, so I am looking if there's any other choices out there. A lot of "normal" American restaurants' catering menus is ~25-30 or so a person so it's not like I'm asking for a lot less than that.